I started a really bad brownie related habit a while back, a habit I don’t intend to break anytime soon.
A couple of years ago, I bought a whole bunch of mini brownies at the farmers market and froze them. Every morning, I would pull out a brownie, thaw it in the microwave and enjoy it with my coffee (brownie + coffee = excellent combo.) What a delicious way to start your day!
I have continued my morning brownie habit since then. I never feel too guilty as the brownies I eat never really exceed the diameter of a toonie.
The problem is, when the farmers market ended, my brownie supply ran out. I needed to make my own brownies!
After trying many different recipes, I finally think I got it. This is my perfect brownie recipe – extra chocolate and dense, moist brownies. I really think you will like these!
The recipe is pretty quick, and I will whip up a batch when my freezer supply is running low.
So when you’re craving something sweet and chocolatey, these brownies will do the trick. They are incredible warm out of the oven, but also freeze wonderfully to satisfy your future brownie cravings.
I swear by this recipe, give it a shot!
Click here to view the printable Word version of recipe:
Best Brownie Recipe
6 oz bittersweet chocolate
½ cup butter
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 and ¼ cup sugar
¾ cup flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and mix.
- Remove from double boiler.
- In a separate bowl, quickly beat eggs with a fork.
- Add eggs to chocolate mixture, mix until eggs are incorporated.
- Add flour, salt and making soda. Mix until ingredients are incorporated.
- Grease a 9×9 pan. Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.